At the cleansing step in the skincare routine for oily skin, you need to choose the right face wash that can control oil. It will help your skin to be less acne-prone and healthier. Choosing the wrong one can cause adverse effects such as more oil and acne. But don’t worry, as below, I will introduce and review the top 5 best face washes for oily skin for you. This top 5 list includes familiar names you’ve heard or searched for, such as Krave Matcha Hemp Cleanser (Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser) and Simple Micellar Gel Wash Ulta.
But are their effectiveness in cleansing and hydrating oily skin commensurate with their popularity? Let’s dig in right now to see the pros and cons of each item with Jobandedu.
Table of Contents
#5 Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser For Normal To Oily Skin
Do not just care for your blue-tone hair as the face skin is part and parcel, too. CeraVe, whose products regularly appear on dermatologists’ prescriptions, is a favorite brand in the skincare community. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser is the most popular product of the brand. So what makes this product receive so much popularity with numerous good reviews?
- Mild to no irritation, suitable for all skin types.
- Pleasant scent.
- Many featured ingredients:
- Ceramide helps to hydrate and retain moisture.
- Niacinamide helps reduce acne, prevent allergies, and whiten skin.
- Glycerin is the golden factor in moisturizers.
- Fairly weak cleaning ability. For oily skin, you still need a product to clean deeply and support even more oil control.
- Contain parabens: Even though it has been rigorously tested and guaranteed safety, you should still consider before using it.
#4 Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
This facial cleanser for oily and sensitive skin is a product of the leading American brand Cetaphil. Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser has a fairly liquid gel form, milky white color. In addition, this facial cleanser does not foam and does not contain fragrances and colors. When used, it feels pretty light, smooth, comfortable, not greasy.
- Contribute to acne prevention and elimination.
- Have an ultra-light foaming formula for more effective cleaning.
- Can deeply clean oil and dirt on the skin.
- Clean and reduce oil significantly.
- Not cause skin irritation or acne.
- Suitable for even sensitive skin.
- Contain some Paraben-based ingredients, such as Methylparaben, Propylparaben Preservative, and Butylparaben Preservative.
- Have a slight medicinal smell.
#3 La Roche-Posay Toleriane Face Wash Cleanser
Pick a high-rated present for your bestie’s birthday? If you are between choosing Doc Marten Mary Janes or skincare items, the latter is good to go. No girl says “no” with a superb skincare product like this.
Belonging to specialized product lines for acne and sensitive skin, the products of the leading cosmetic company in France receive a lot of advice from dermatologists. Hence, if you are looking for a perfect combination of cleanser and makeup remover, La Roche-Posay Toleriane Face Wash Cleanser will be the top product to opt for.
- Contain many benign vitamins and minerals (thanks to the natural mineral water source) that help clean the skin naturally without causing abrasion or peeling.
- Contain many other safe active ingredients such as Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc PCA, and Citric Acid Phenoxyethanol…
- Superior ability to remove makeup.
- Remove excess impurities both on the surface and deep in the pores, ensuring the skin is completely purified.
- Acne treatment support: Dermatologists recommend that even the most sensitive skin be used during acne treatment.
- Not effective in removing makeup and removing thick layers of makeup if used alone.
#2 Krave Matcha Hemp Cleanser (Or Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser)
KraveBeauty is a cosmetic brand whose mission is to help people #pressreset about how we have always viewed skincare and listen to our skin’s true needs. KraveBeauty does not create products that make your skin magically change instantly, but make people love their skin, understand, care for it and make it better every day.
To fulfill that mission, the company has launched Krave Matcha Hemp Cleanser. Specifically, this face wash gently cleanses dirt, excess oil, and sebum on the skin without causing irritation. Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser has a tube design with a transparent gel texture and slightly yellowish tint. With a pH of 5.2, Krave Matcha Hemp Cleanser helps clean without affecting the skin’s natural acid mantle.
- Contain more than 30% Matcha to help fight inflammation, clean skin effectively.
- Not cause dryness after use and still retains the skin’s moisture.
- Have a pleasant scent.
- Safe ingredients, since it is free of alcohol, parabens, silicones, and fragrances.
- 5+ Other nutritional ingredients, for example:
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and soothing to the skin.
- Glycerin helps to hydrate and soften the skin.
- Almond oil helps to heal skin wounds.
- The hemp seed oil has a moisturizing and detoxifying effect.
- Vitamin B5 helps control sebum.
- Hard to find, since Krave Matcha Hemp Cleanser is not widely available.
- Poor foaming ability, which makes it not suitable for those who like high-foam cleansers.
#1 Simple Micellar Gel Wash Ulta
Micellar technology, widely exploited in makeup remover water, is also applied in this face wash. It helps to optimally clean the skin, remove all impurities on the skin, and create good skin ventilation.
Simple Micellar Gel Wash Ulta also has a transparent gel texture combined with tiny particles. Hence, your skin, when used, will feel relaxed, not tight, and get brighter. However, Simple Micellar Gel Wash Ulta creates little foam, so you need to take a relatively large amount when using it.
According to information from Simple Skincare, we can use Simple Micellar Gel Wash Ulta for all skin types, including oily, mixed oily, and acne skin.
- High moisturizing ability: Simple Micellar Gel Wash Ulta instantly hydrates dry skin and increases skin’s natural hydration. Therefore, it helps your skin retain its own moisture for a longer time.
- A vegan product with enriched phytonutrients and prebiotics based on Simple’s exclusive PENTAVITIN™ technology.
- Gentle gel cream for all skin types: This face wash contains gentle ingredients, no parabens, and preservatives.
- Have Micellar technology consisting of tiny particles capable of absorbing dirt and sebum well. Simple Micellar Gel Wash Ulta can also remove makeup without harming your skin surface lipids.
- Not dry out skin after use.
- Low foaming ability.
The Final Message For Those With Oily Skin
A feature of oily skin is that it regularly pours oil, making the skin shiny and prone to skin problems such as acne with large pores. The reason is that the sebaceous glands under the pores secrete a lot of oil and sebum on the skin’s surface. Subsequently, the process of secreting waste oil through the pores makes the pores increasingly open. But don’t worry too much, as you can completely manage it if you pick the right hydrating cleanser. Rest assured that you do not need to spend too much money on your oily skin.
Explore more tips and tricks in our College Life corner. This collection of juicy news, useful tips, and helpful collections would make your life worth experiencing and exciting.