Why must you take a drug test? What is drug testing? What is the process of a drug test? How long does it take to get the results? “Took drug test Friday when should I know results?”
Assuming that a job seeker has just found a suitable job, there must be nothing else to be wary about except for the interview! Yet, there are some other concerns. If he happened to smoke a joint just recently, how can he possibly pass a pre-employment drug test approaching on Friday? “I took drug test Friday when should I know results?”. What a nerve-wracking scenario! Well, to avoid such drama, read our exclusive facts on drug tests right below.
Why Must You Take A Drug Test?
In many states, only those who pass a drug test are legal to work or receive other benefits. State laws and Federal regulations require most employers to perform pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
Besides, numerous employers use the results as a requirement for the job. As workers abusing drugs may not stay sharp and work productively, their supervisors can penalize or fire them. According to businessnewsdaily.com, even in 33 states that legalize marijuana, including New York and Washington, D.C, many employers decide to maintain zero-tolerance drug policies.
One has every right not to take the drug test, yet the employers have the right to refuse a drug-test-failing candidate for a job. Does Best Buy drug test their candidates for a retail job? Yes! As well as many other employers! Consequently, it is necessary to undergo a drug screening to get hired or continue working out there.
Many employers require their applicants to take drug screening – Source Clem Onojeghuo
Took Drug Test Friday When Should I Know The Results – What Is Drug Testing?
A drug test analyzes a bio-specimen, such as hair, blood, breath, and urine. This test examines whether the body shows the presence of illegal drugs or prescribed medication abuses or not. These drugs consist of:
- Methamphetamines (crank, meth ecstasy, speed)
- THC (cannabinoids, hash, marijuana)
- Cocaine (crack, coke)
- Opiates (codeine, heroin, opium, morphine)
- Phencyclidine (angel dust, PCP)
Took Drug Test Friday When Should I Know Results – What Is The Process Of A Drug Test?
A drug test requires a bio-specimen sample, which is commonly urine, hair or blood. The sample will be analyzed later on in a laboratory.
During a urinalysis, a “clean-catch” sample needed for the test can be retreated by following these steps:
- Clean both hands
- Clean the genital area
- Start urinating into the toilet and move the container below the urine stream.
- Collect one to two ounces, or up to the marking point, of urine into the sample container
- Finish urinating process
- Return the container to the health care provider.
In specific scenarios, providing a sample may need the presence of other company staff or a medical technician.
Hair Follicle Drug Tests
A hair follicle test can take place in a lab or a hospital. The workplace can also perform a hair follicle drug test using a kit and then send the sample to a laboratory. The test results are not affected by any hair care products or treatments.
The collector will cut from 100 to 120 hairs from the head crown. They can collect the hairs randomly to avoid making a bald spot. Ones with little to no hair on their head will have their hair collected from the body. Collectors will put the hair sample in foil, secured it in an envelope, and send it to the lab.
Blood tests for drugs require samples taken from a vein in the arm and usually take a maximum of five minutes. A health care professional is to take a blood sample using a small needle. After the needle insertion, they collect a blood sample into a vial or a tube. The whole blood-drawing procedure just stings a little.
All Source Drug Test
One can use these all-source drug test products at home for a quick drug test. They claim to give a fast and accurate result. For example, All Source Drug Detector 5 Panel Home Drug Test manufacturer announces that the product can screen all common drugs in just 5 minutes and set it apart from all traditional methods.
How Long Does It Take To Get The Results?
The average turnaround time for the most common methods are:
- Urinalyses: 1-5 days
- Hair follicle drug tests: 4-10 days
- Blood testing: 1-5 days
- All source drug test: Less than an hour
A drug test sample is analyzed in a lab and returned in 1-2 weeks – Source: cdc.gov
According to a survey poll on indeed.com, most common drug tests take around one week to two weeks to return the test results. If one wonders: “I took drug test Friday when should I know results” then the answer should be the next Friday.
Are There Any Pieces Of Advice For Taking The Test And Its Results?
Since taking a drug test can be compulsory, and the results can turn one’s life around, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Failing a drug test can alter one’s life drastically, yet it is a wake-up call to give up drugs once and for all.
- One should look through the workplace’s drug policy and testing processes, as preparation for any test is always necessary.
- Knowing the purposes, the procedures, and the usage of the results from any drug test is crucial before doing it.
- Employers cannot penalize their employees for a positive result due to prescribed medicine unless the drug affects productivity.
Key Takeaways – Took Drug Test Friday When Should I Know Results
- A drug test, such as the Pre-employment Test, can be a must for getting jobs in the U.S.
- Drug test can be a Urine test, Blood test, hair test, etc.
- A drug test takes about 1-2 weeks to get results, but one can use all source drug test for a quick check.
- Testing positive due to prescribed medicine is not severe.
- One should understand that testing positive is not the end of the world.
As drug testing is necessary, knowing the procedure is necessary. Prepare for the next drug test from today, and make sure to test negative to get your dream job, or continue your career path.
Grasp Your Attention: