Marques Houston is a talented American artist best known for his role of Roger Evans on the television sitcom “Sister, Sister”, which also features Tia Mowry and Kim Field’s sister Alexis Field. If you are a fan of Roger Evans, you will most likely be interested in learning more about Marques Houston’s net worth, personal life, biography, and professional career development. Let’s learn more interesting things about this multi-talented singer and actor right below.
Marques Houston’s Biography
Marques Houston was born in California, USA, on August 4, 1981. Carolyn and Michael Houston are his parents. According to some sources, Marques inherited Afro-Mexican blood from his parents. His mother passed away suddenly from malignant lymphoma in 1997.
In terms of education, Marques graduated from Montebello High School. At a young age, Marques Houston was drawn to acting and began his career. He and his childhood friends nurtured the dream of becoming a celebrity and determined to make a career in Hollywood.
All About Marques Houston
|Full name||Marques Barrett Houston|
|Date of birth||August 4, 1981|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California, U.S.A|
|Parents||Carolyn HoustonMichael Houston|
|Siblings||Brandye Houston (sister)Danielle Houston (sister)Brandon Houston (older brother)|
|Profession||R&B singer, songwriter and actor|
|Net Worth||$6 million|
|Last Updated||January 2022|
Marques Houston’s Personal Life – Two Failed Marriage
The relationship between Marques Houston and Jennifer Freeman was widely publicized in 2004. Marques Houston worked with Jennifer Freeman in the well-known dance movie “You Got Served.” Since then, the two have caught feelings. Marques and Jennifer got engaged in 2007, but they divorced in January 2008.
After that, Marques had a relationship with costume designer Marlena Campbell. Marques and Marlena were together until 2015 before they split. In March 2018, Marques Houston proposed to model Miyana Dickey. On August 24, 2020, the two married in secret and moved back into the same house.
Marques Houston Career
Marques began his career in the entertainment industry with the animated film “Bebe’s Kids” in 1992. He was cast as Kahli, one of the film’s main characters, in a voice acting role. In 1994, he appeared in the film “House Party 3” and then in the comedy film “Sister, Sister” in 1995.
Marques’ name became well-known due to the success of “Sister, Sister,” and he was frequently invited to appear in other films. Following that, he appeared in several well-known films including “House Party 4: Down to the Last Minute” (2000), “Yоu Got Ѕеrvеd” (2004), “Somebody Help Me 2” (2010), “Will to Love” (2015), “А Wееkеnd wіth thе Fаmіlу” (2016) and some other films.
Marques Houston has a wonderful music career and a successful acting career. In 1992, he formed the R&B group Immature / IMx. His band has many hits including Сlар Yоur Наndѕ, Оwnѕ Іt, Lеt Ме Fіnd Оut. In 2003, Marques began her solo career with her first album called “MH”. After that, he also released many other albums such as Naked, Veteran, Mr. Houston, Mattress Music, and Famous. His most popular album is “Famous,” which peaked at number 36 on The Independent Albums and 33 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums.
Marques Houston’s Awards
Marques Houston won the “Best Youth Comedian in a TV Show” award in 1995 for his role in the film “Sister, Sister”. He later received numerous nominations for his film work. In 2004, he and Omarion were honored with the “Best Dance Sequence” award for their roles in the film “You Got Served.” In 2005, he received the teen choice award “Choice TV Actor: Comedy”.
Marques Houston’s Net Worth
Marques Houston’s net worth is estimated to be $6 million as of January 2022, which is quite impressive compares to other actors like Michael Imperioli’s net worth at his age. His acting career provided him with a large portion of his fortune. He also makes a lot of money from his success in the music business. Marques’ net worth has grown due to his solo hits and his band’s albums.
Interesting Facts About Marques Houston
- Chris Stokes manages IMx and B2K, so the two bands are inextricably linked. Some people wonder, “Are Marques Houston and Omarion brothers?” or not. However, this is not true. Omarion and Marques are longtime friends with similar careers. Marques is related to another member of the B2K team, J-Boog. The two are cousins.
Marques Houston has previously stated that he is a huge Marvin Gaye fan. You’ll recognize songs with Old School vibes if you listen to his compositions.
- In addition to the acting and singing career, Marques also wrote and produced several small TV series such as Howard High, Running Out of Time.
- Marques announced in 2016 that he was a Jehovah’s Witness. Many fans were taken aback, but they were also extremely supportive. After that, Marques regularly posted articles about his faith.
- Despite spending most of his life in the spotlight as a professional artist, Marques still describes himself as a shy person.
- Marques was particularly interested in writing music for other musicians. He once told the Florida Atlantic University Press that composing for others allows him to make better music.
- Fans wondered if Marques Houston would release a new song. The good news is that he’s returned to the studio. This information has not yet been confirmed, but fans are still looking forward to Marques’ new music.
Following the progression of Marques Houston’s career, we can see how hard work and passion have helped Marques achieve his current level of success. We hope you learned more interesting facts about Marques Houston’s net worth and his personal life. Let us look forward to Marques’ great achievements in acting and music in the future.