The workplace is more than simply a place where people go to make money. It’s also a place to make new friends, collaborate with new people, acquire new skills, and better yourself.
It’s also never redundant to say, ‘It has been a pleasure to work with you’. It shows treating your coworkers with respect. It is one of the essentials of business etiquette to express appreciation to whom you have collaborated.
What Does “It Has Been A Pleasure To Work With You” Mean?
‘It has been my pleasure working with you,’ is a simple expression of delight or satisfaction spoken after completing activities or tasks or working with the support or accompaniment of another person. You want to mean that you enjoyed working with that person and want to work together next time. Afterward, it’s flawless to give them some wholehearted gifts for a more close-knit rapport.
When You Say “It Has Been A Pleasure To Work With You”
People usually say that right before finishing working with someone. They rarely say that to their family or friends or in any context other than professional circumstances.
There are three situations in which you can utilize this sentence as Jobandedu discovered.
The first one is when you’ve to work with someone from another firm. And express that I enjoy your company meaning “I want to work with you again” and “Thank you for putting up with me“. You’re also telling them that you’re enthusiastic and respectful about this collaboration.
- Thanks so much for collaborating with me. As much as it has been a pleasure working with you, I eagerly look forward to working for you again.
- My manager, Mr. Jame, has asked me to convey special thanks to you for your excellent cooperation and to say it has been a pleasure working with you over the years.
The second situation is if you’re saying farewell to a coworker who resigned from your company or you’re the one who quit. The phrase expresses nostalgia for positive experiences working with your employer, management, or coworkers.
- Thank you, boss, for always helping and teaching me the right things. It has been a pleasure working with you. I wish you a lot of health and a better career.
- After moving to a new position, I will miss the days I spent working with you. Thank you for always mentoring me over the past; it has been a pleasure working with you.
And the final one is when you’ve just started working with a new colleague or supervisor and want to make them feel at ease in your team.
- You are a new employee; however, you’ve done an excellent job over the last few days. It has been a pleasure working with you. Keep up your good work!
- We’ve been a pleasure working with you over the last several days! In comparison to the previous days, sales have grown substantially. We appreciate all you’ve done for us!
Different Types Of Speech That Have The Same Meaning
The same phrase can be stated in a variety of ways. The following is a collection of English sentences that have a similar meaning:
- It was a pleasure to have an opportunity to work with you, it was too good to be true.
Example: This was my first joint project with such a large team. It was a pleasure to have an opportunity to work with you, and I enjoyed your company. That has been a learning opportunity for me because I’ve picked up on many useful skills and qualities from all of you. Thank you for all of your hard work.
- I was grateful for the privilege of working with you.
Example: I was grateful for the privilege of working with you all for all these years. The lessons you’ve taught me will be with me for the rest of my life. I had a great time working with all of you. It’s been a joy working with you. Thank you very much.
- Working with you has been an honor.
Example: Working with you has been an honor. Throughout the project, I made several errors, but you were always willing to assist me. Thank you so much for your help. That was an incredible learning opportunity for me.
- Working with you was a pleasure.
Example: Working with you was a pleasure. You are a fantastic employee for our firm, and seeing how hard you worked on this assignment made me appreciate it even more. I’m pleased our collaboration paid off. I wouldn’t have been able to complete this project on my own.
‘It Has Been a Pleasure Working With You’ – Conclusion
Most people usually say ‘It has been a pleasure working with you’ to express their courteousness and to demonstrate absolute joy and respect to their partners. Regardless of whether the partnership is successful or not. That makes you more courteous and professional in the eyes of your partner. That’s how our Career Advice discerns!